• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

remmington 1100 help!

renault314

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
27   0
Reaction score
My shotgun has been malfunctioning. The bolt will lock to the rear even when there are shells still in the mag tube. Its almost like whatever is responsible for pulling/letting the shells out of the mag tube is not working so the gun thinks its empty and locks to the rear. Trying to correct malfunction is difficult. pushing bolt release doesn't help since it always seems like a shell is partially in the way of the lifter. I usually have to pull back on charging handle as hard as possible or multiple times, reach in through ejection port to free up a shell just to get the bolt to release and then shoot some more. Is there anything obvious is should look for or be able to see?

It may be the "c" clip inside the receiver. That's what's happened to my father in laws while I was hunting with it. Cheap fix if you get the part and snap it in yourself.

Sounds like an Interceptor Latch Problem.
11872005.jpg

You have a timing issue. These can be very difficult to diagnose. Changing one part can affect the relationship and timing of another part. As the round comes out of the mag tube it strikes the carrier release which unlocks the carrier and starts it moving up with the round. If it strikes too slow the carrier dog won't move out of the way of the bolt on it's return and will lock the bolt open. If it strikes too soon and you have the old style carrier release it could bounce back and not trip the release and that will lock the bolt. That's just the problems with the carrier timing. you still have the feed and interceptor latches that can also contribute to the same symptom. The last 1100 I fixed that was doing the exact same thing was caused by to much friction in the recoil tube which slowed the bolt down enough to throw the timing off. Remove the butt stock, clean and oil the recoil spring and clean and polish the follower and see if this cures the problem, it's the simplest fix to try first.

Back
Top Bottom