• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Removing a custom paint wrap from a former Glock 22 OD?

Alpha Foxtrot ATL

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
4   0
Reaction score
I already have a 23 OD and have been wanting the larger fit 22 OD and haven't been able to find one that wasn't ridiculously priced or snatched up right away if it was a good deal. I picked up this G22 OD today and got a really good deal on it; well it was originally a Glock 22 OD.

The previous owner put a black and grey snake type paint wrap on it. Not really sure why that was done but I guess he wasn't a fan of the OD. I understand different strokes different folks, but now I'm going to have to figure out how to get the weapon back to the original OD underneath. This gun is great shape other than the paint job on it. No carry wear on the slide and the feed ramp on the barrel looks almost brand new.

So the question I have is: What is the best way to remove the wrap? I've googled it without much luck.

In the pictures below you can see the little bit of removal I was able to do with just my fingernail, but that would take quite a while and probably wouldn't work around the trigger housing area and some of the other hard to reach areas. And I'm concerned about using a pocketknife or sandpaper that they might scratch and damage the plastic.

I was thinking that mineral spirits/paint thinner might work but again I'm worried that might damage the plastic.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions or pointers.

photo(3).jpgphoto(2).jpg

Alex

Maybe a scotchbrite pad? I'm not sure that wouldn't scratch it also but they do make a very fine one that may work.

Back
Top Bottom