• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Replacing Tumbler Media

Status
Not open for further replies.

spamcastle

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
339   0
Reaction score
How often do you replace your media? When it starts to get dirty looking is it time to part ways and refill? Just wondering so I can plan ahead, thanks.

I run two. I use fresh media in cleaner "A" to clean the lube from sized brass. The other, "B" is used for range brass and general cleaning. As "B" one starts getting blacker and blacker when I empty into my strainer, I eventually clean it all out. I then use "A" for general use and put fresh clean media in cleaner "B". It works for me.

I use corn cob media and Midway chemicals. They're both fairly inexpensive, so I replace mine regularly.

I run used dryer sheet in each load. It cleans the media. I am not a shinny fanatic, almost never change the media. I have cleaned 100's of batches of pistol and rifle brass this way.

I wait until mine is pretty black to change it out. It's pretty cheap considering how many runs you can get. I use treated corn cobb and add a little Flitz and it's good to go. I like shiny brass.

never....stainless media. you will switch and kick yourself for not doing it sooner, but if you enjoy picking media out of still dirty primer pockets by all means pick away

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom