• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

vibrator media locally?

I've converted almost everything to stainless pin tumbling, but need to tumble a few things in the old vibrating tumbler. I tossed a lot of stuff like a bunch of corn cobb media when I moved a bit ago.

anywhere local (north ATL) that might have something I can use without buying 25# of it (harbor frieght)? I stopped at Academy (they have Lyman, but the "1 available for pickup" meant that I can order it and it will arrive after a week, and the PetSmart next door but didn't have any of the 'lizard bedding' stuff there either. Ditto for Walmart.

just checked amazon can get 15# of Frankford Arsenal walnut shells delivered to the house tomorrow for $30. Really just need a pound or two...
Harbor Freight or Northern tool should have walnut media.

Picked up a box at HF yesterday. If anyone near sandy springs needs any let me know. I typically tumble in SS pins but wanted to take some excess lube off some finished rounds and about 10 minutes did the job.

I used rice for a while but I have not tumbled any brass in a long time. Did you have any issue with rice getting stuck in the cases?
Not if you use the specific rice I linked. Something about its size properties. No more issues than walnut/corn - maybe less issues with primer pockets. In 100 6BR cases I might have one rice kernel wedged in a primer pocket where walnut might be five.

Back
Top Bottom