• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Restoring my 1967 S&W Mod 15-2

Yes sir, that'd be "the one". The icing on the cake was that hot bluing, and the insert didn't turn out too shabby either. Glad I didn't give up after I cold blued it the last time.
Great work! If you don't mind, could you PM me the costs of this to get finished up?

Reactions: GS
I finally had my 1967 S&W Model 15-2 hot blued over the weekend at...

Daves Gunsmithing
2945 Dartmouth Place
Cumming, GA 30041

Ph# 706-333-1366 (If no answer, leave a message... noisy shop)

I stripped off the cold bluing that I had put on it a while back, and I invested a little elbow grease in the polishing of it before he blued it. I am EXTREMELY happy with how good it looks, and I HIGHLY recommend Dave Brackett for a beautiful bluing job. The man knows what he is doing, and is a real pleasure to deal with. Here are a few things to keep in mind. I like #3.

1) Hot bluing is a good and beautiful firearm finish depending on the persons needs.
2) It requires a fair amount of preparation for a better than new finish, which can add up to more cost.
3) It can be inexpensive if you do most of the preparation before delivery for bluing.

BEFORE...
i1296.photobucket.com_albums_ag15_GSailors_Model_2015_2015_01_20_17_33_18_zpsy0oxwb0s.png

AFTER...
[Broken External Image]:
Thanks, I was looking for someone like Dave.

That's beautiful. Sadly hot bluing is becoming a lost art and it's becoming harder to find shops that still do it. Plus, I expect the Obama administration to ban the process as soon as they are done outlawing your great aunt Edna's 100 year old ivory hair comb.

The Model 15 is one of my favorites, and it brings back lots of memories to shoot. It's an extremely good feeling bringing it back (almost) to its former glory. The 2 1/2" model 66 that goes in that holster I am wearing is sitting back on the shooting bench.
i1296.photobucket.com_albums_ag15_GSailors_Model_2015_2015_08_15_17_13_08_1_zpslpujyg2a.png

i1296.photobucket.com_albums_ag15_GSailors_Model_2015_2015_08_15_17_13_39_1_zpsmwzsmbhm.png

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom