Revolver build, NEED HELP!!!

Deadpool454

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
So I want to build my own Revolver.
I'd like a top break, 45 colt, 6 shot, double action and last but not least slab sided.
the top break is an either or/something I can do without. The rest, not so much.
Where do I go to get parts is my main question and parts of QUALITY so that this revolver doesn't look all bubba'd out.

Last edited:
Dont want to discourage inventiveness but realize it took Edison many years to just get the lightbulb right. Are you going to "build " or assemble? You need a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder etc. By the time you build it, you could have bought any number of Webley or Webley Scott top breaks. Single shot zip gun -maybe, successful revolver that times properly -doubtful . Cant imagine assembling something of that nature and expect it to SAFELY shoot. I have made parts and find it near impossible to get things perfectly round or square.

I was mainly looking to build from parts, I'm going to be honest I thought it would be like guitars which I am familiar with, where you swap out what you don't like and or mill/manufacture your own parts.
I was thinking of using a base model Single Action 45LC top break and modding it to be double action and then contact I think it's PPC? or something close to that for a slab sided barrel.
still too far out there?

- - - Updated - - -

Dont want to discourage inventiveness but realize it took Edison many years to just get the lightbulb right. Are you going to "build " or assemble? You need a lathe, milling machine, surface grinder etc. By the time you build it, you could have bought any number of Webley or Webley Scott top breaks. Single shot zip gun -maybe, successful revolver that times properly -doubtful . Cant imagine assembling something of that nature and expect it to SAFELY shoot. I have made parts and find it near impossible to get things perfectly round or square.

If all pans out well, assemble and minimal building.

You can't make a single action into a double action.

I think if you gave up the top break criteria, you would like a S&W model 25 in 45 Colt. You could buy any large frame "N Frame" S&W and have a match slab sided barrel installed.

Clark Customs does a lot of this kind of stuff, as do Bowen and Reeder.

http://www.clarkcustomguns.com/revcon.htm

Back
Top Bottom