• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIA Tactical 1911 (5")

Luke35whelan

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
13   0
Reaction score
Bought one for my daughter. She was shooting a 9mm Ruger. I wanted to get her a 1911 in 9mm but she handles 45acp just fine. I bought her the 5" tactical model in 45acp, no rail. I've owned several different 1911's over the years and must say, I'm very impressed. Fit and finish is good. For the money, it already has many of the bells and whistles you would add to a bone stock model. Only minus would be the grips, they're horrible but that's no big deal, most folks replace grips anyway. We've only put about 200 rounds through it but so far, so good with only one jam with the first mag we put through it. After that, it's been flawless. For $485 new, I think it's an awesome entry level 1911.

Good to hear! I've got one on layaway at Bud's. They had them on sale last week for $349 w/ free shipping. Add in the $25 FFL fee and I am out the door for $375, so I figured what the heck might as well give it a shot (pun intended).

Have a friend that's a smith. Gonna let him go through it. May upgrade the sights when we duracoat the slide in (trying not to throw up in my mouth) purple. She wants a purple slide with the zombie green Hogue grips. It's her gun. Might have the feed ramp touched up too.

Have a friend that's a smith. Gonna let him go through it. May upgrade the sights when we duracoat the slide in (trying not to throw up in my mouth) purple. She wants a purple slide with the zombie green Hogue grips. It's her gun. Might have the feed ramp touched up too.

Cerokote it not durocoat!!!!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom