• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RIP Meatwad aka Jon Skinner

Mrs. Minion here. I'm not sure how to start a new thread so I thought I would post here.

Wednesday morning Jon was sent home from work for feeling nausea and a fever. He climbed in the bed and rested with gatorade, pedyalite, fever reducer, and pepto. His fever got knocked out and he was resting well until Thursday morning. Around 11am Jon complained on his feet being numb and they were turning purple. I immediately realized something was seriously wrong and rushed him to the hospital. He was automatically given an IV with fluids due to dehydration. I was told he would be sedated and put on a ventilator to allow him to rest. At 2:15 I received the phone that would change everything forever, " that my husband was not going to make it!" As I sat waiting for the doctor my life flashed before me. Our two beautiful children here, needing him more than ever. The doctor finally spoke with me that Jon's heart had stopped 5 times in the last hour. His BP was low but stable. By Thursday even he took a turn for the better! Everything was going well. He was still sedated and unresponsive but stable. After high hopes the doctors would whispers here and there and left me in the dark. I was then told by the nurses that there was no chance for a real recovery. He would have to have his legs amputated due to lack of blood flow and he would be brain dead. All we know at this point is that he had a very bad bacterial infection. He was hooked to 15 different meds and not one was helping.

As my family gathered we prayed and said our "see you laters"
He was taken from life support and gone to heaven. He is no longer suffering and is watching US ALL! He was a fighter and did what he could. We received news today that it was a rare case of meningitis. A bacteria that attacks your brain and vital organs and takes over your body. He was contagious. The news you don't want to hear. As of now we all have been given medicines our son has been admitted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. He has a spot of pneumonia of his lung and they want to make sure he doesn't get worse. We should hopefully be out of here by evening tomorrow.

I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am to see all the kind words and wonderful stories you all tell. PLEASE hold onto every moment with your loved ones as they could be gone in the blink of an eye. I shall carry on Jon's memory in not just my heart but with the love of you all.

As of now here is the Funeral information:

Funeral service for Jonathan Allen Skinner willl be held at lakeside funeral home 121 Claremore drive, Woodstock, GA 30188 visitation is @ 1:00 and the service will be @ 2:00.

Thank you for the update mrs.skinner. I'm so sorry for the situation. Only thing I have to ask is what day is the funeral? I didn't see it in the information.

Mrs. Minion here. I'm not sure how to start a new thread so I thought I would post here.

Wednesday morning Jon was sent home from work for feeling nausea and a fever. He climbed in the bed and rested with gatorade, pedyalite, fever reducer, and pepto. His fever got knocked out and he was resting well until Thursday morning. Around 11am Jon complained on his feet being numb and they were turning purple. I immediately realized something was seriously wrong and rushed him to the hospital. He was automatically given an IV with fluids due to dehydration. I was told he would be sedated and put on a ventilator to allow him to rest. At 2:15 I received the phone that would change everything forever, " that my husband was not going to make it!" As I sat waiting for the doctor my life flashed before me. Our two beautiful children here, needing him more than ever. The doctor finally spoke with me that Jon's heart had stopped 5 times in the last hour. His BP was low but stable. By Thursday even he took a turn for the better! Everything was going well. He was still sedated and unresponsive but stable. After high hopes the doctors would whispers here and there and left me in the dark. I was then told by the nurses that there was no chance for a real recovery. He would have to have his legs amputated due to lack of blood flow and he would be brain dead. All we know at this point is that he had a very bad bacterial infection. He was hooked to 15 different meds and not one was helping.

As my family gathered we prayed and said our "see you laters"
He was taken from life support and gone to heaven. He is no longer suffering and is watching US ALL! He was a fighter and did what he could. We received news today that it was a rare case of meningitis. A bacteria that attacks your brain and vital organs and takes over your body. He was contagious. The news you don't want to hear. As of now we all have been given medicines our son has been admitted to Children's Healthcare of Atlanta. He has a spot of pneumonia of his lung and they want to make sure he doesn't get worse. We should hopefully be out of here by evening tomorrow.

I can't even begin to explain how thankful I am to see all the kind words and wonderful stories you all tell. PLEASE hold onto every moment with your loved ones as they could be gone in the blink of an eye. I shall carry on Jon's memory in not just my heart but with the love of you all.

As of now here is the Funeral information:

Funeral service for Jonathan Allen Skinner willl be held at lakeside funeral home 121 Claremore drive, Woodstock, GA 30188 visitation is @ 1:00 and the service will be @ 2:00.

Thank you for the details; Please know that all of our prayers are with you and your family.

We are truly a lesser group due to Jon's passing - a void that shall never be filled.

Back
Top Bottom