• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

RK

JPH1911

Navy Icon Supporter
USNavy
78   0
Reaction score
Anyone going? I have not been to one since 2014 Just wondering if it has changed any since I have been. From what I remember the dealers start out high, higher than retailers and offer way lower for your trade. When I stated "hey you can not expect to ask higher than retail for yours and offer below for mine, we can retail to retail or wholesale to wholesale" and the dealer responded that is not what we are here for.....so I have not been since.

Anyone going? I have not been to one since 2014 Just wondering if it has changed any since I have been. From what I remember the dealers start out high, higher than retailers and offer way lower for your trade. When I stated "hey you can not expect to ask higher than retail for yours and offer below for mine, we can retail to retail or wholesale to wholesale" and the dealer responded that is not what we are here for.....so I have not been since.
The dealer told you all you need to know. That is not what they are there for.

I do buy from/trade with dealers if they have something I want or need, but I'd rather deal with private sellers when able. You'll see all types of vendors at the show, about 65% of them are there for guns/shooting stuff and the rest are Chi-Com knife dealers, beef jerky makers, pain bracelet hawkers and other flea market type junk that I ignore. The dudes begging for money for dog vests are the funniest. They get mad as hell when you walk past them and don't even acknowledge they are there.

I do buy from/trade with dealers if they have something I want or need, but I'd rather deal with private sellers when able. You'll see all types of vendors at the show, about 65% of them are there for guns/shooting stuff and the rest are Chi-Com knife dealers, beef jerky makers, pain bracelet hawkers and other flea market type junk that I ignore. The dudes begging for money for dog vests are the funniest. They get mad as hell when you walk past them and don't even acknowledge they are there.
Ha! Your closing quote is missing this as well.....Why are Biden's secret service armed to protect him while he is trying to abolish the 2nd Amendment.

Back
Top Bottom