• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rock Island Compact

I just got a RIA 3.5" and love it over the Springfield XD40SC that I traded to get the 1911. I like the triggers on the 1911's over the XD's. I'm going to have a beavertail added to it because I'm getting "hammerbite". Other than that, I like it a whole lot better.

I just picked up one of these and havent shot it yet but I will this weekend. I am glad to see everyone is happy with them. I will report back when I get home from the range!

I believe that the RIA is a great 1911 platform. There are many upgrades you can do. However, just remember, no matter how many upgrades you do, it is still a RIA and the upgrades will not add much, if any, value to it. Just makes it more fun to shoot.

Hog hunted with a Llama 45 for 17 years,got a RIA in a trade and the LLama was traded after that.Never a hiccup so far,been 3 years now.It ain'y purty but it shore does shoot.

I had a RIA Tactical, traded it off and I'm kinda sad I did. However, I will be picking up a Match today, so maybe I will be absolved of my sins.

I have a compact RI and I sanded down the frame so it is bare(no big billboard). I had the frame cerakoted dark tan and the slide flat black. I carry it all the time in a crossbreed holster and its perfect for carrying. As far as accuracy, I'll put it up against my Springfield GI any day. Great gun!

Back
Top Bottom