• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rocks...yes rocks

Brandt Kessler

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
Reaction score
My son has gotten into collecting rocks from all over the world, and it seems like a kid thing to do. So, anybody have an old collection laying around they don't want? He'd be excited to have them. I'm not talking boulders, I'm talking rocks that fit in a tackle box.

Thanks ODT!!!!

My son has gotten into collecting rocks from all over the world, and it seems like a kid thing to do. So, anybody have an old collection laying around they don't want? He'd be excited to have them. I'm not talking boulders, I'm talking rocks that fit in a tackle box.

Thanks ODT!!!!
I have lots of garnets from the yard..I have been a amateur geologist since i was 4 ....lots of places to find cool rocks minerals and gems..once i get settled into new house may dig out some of the multiples and pass them on.

I have a box somewhere around here with rocks I brought back from Iraq, Syria, Israel, Afghanistan, South Africa, Egypt, Nicaragua, China, Vietnam, Korean DMZ, Mexico, Antarctica and there's even a chunk of the Berlin wall in there. If I can find them your son can have them.
Nobody is allowed to go to Antarctica....
They will fall off the Earth.

I have a beautiful obsidian knife blade (no handle) and a piece of meteorite I bought from the Smithsonian in 98. They're all yours if you can work out the distance.

what is a meteorite worth, about the side of a cantaloupe.my Grandfather found it in New Mexico in the 1950's, most of his collection went to Emory where he taught Geology. I have a few of his they missed so PM me if you are serious, and what the Meteorite would be worth to ya. He had it analyzed somewhere and there was a paper stating, not of terrestrial origin, I remember seeing it before he died, not sure where it is now though.

Back
Top Bottom