• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rossi M68 Interarms Marked

Sharps40

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
Blue snub w/2" bbl. 5 shot 38 Special. An older Interarms model w/rubber grip, pin in hammer nose and LNIB. Fired 50 rds (125 JHP and 158 LSWC) at 10 yards. The trigger is fine enough, about 11 lbs but smooth and clean. Better than the Smith 642-2 I evaluated today. Overall finish is excellent and the close range accuracy met my standard - all 50 in a large coffee cup sized group. This one cycles smooth and empties dont hang up on the grip when ejecting. Overall, its a keeper and inexpensive enough to see some hard carry as a camping or tackle box gun w/o feeling bad about a nic or spot of rust.

Just finished installing the Wolf S&W J Frame spring kit on this one. I went with the 8 lb hammer spring and the 13 lb rebound spring. The fit of the Wolf S&W J Frame springs is perfect. The 13 lb rebound spring is long and looks like it won't fit w/o binding but like a glove, it slid right in and works great. Overall the trigger pull is really nice. No polishing the action is needed. The final tally is 8 lbs double action and 3 lbs single action. Very smooth and crisp.

I found out the hard way, giving this one a cleaning that the side plate screw heads are tender. Two of the three twisted off with very little torque on reassembly. Not easy to find and I did not call Rossi figuring they don't cover the old Interarms Models. However, Taurus parts to the rescue. I ordered the side plate screws for one of the early mid frame models from Gun Parts Corp. A spin in the drill to reduce the heads to the right diameter and a touch with the file to adjust the overall length and a bit of touch up blueing. WaaLaa! New side plate screws installed and none of the heads twisted off!

That's a great pearl about the Smith J frame springs. The Rossi .357 magnum I picked up had a heavy pull but clean and crisp with any significant creep. A great value for your hard earned coin.

Back
Top Bottom