• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Roundup Grass Killer

It is a salt, and I have seen a Monsanto rep take a spoonful. They didn’t die...least not for a while.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Father in law retired from Monsanto and there in the 60's. Yes salt. But what they did with it from there is a farmers miracle and a liberals nightmare.

When they got crop specific they strayed from the original. If you plant corn it would kill everything except... the same with soybeans etc...

Not the same, but he died at a ripe age of 90

Glyphosate isn't soap, and RoundUp isn't a mixture. Only one active ingredient, and it's glyphosate.

Not sure what that person told you. And I'm not sure what the history is there; maybe they used to sell it as a mixture to confuse people about the active ingredient.

But it doesn't cause cancer, and I don't worry about getting it on me. I am not a chemist, but know enough science to recognize BS when I see it. Like power lines and cancer, silicone breast implants, and a hundred others. BS all.

Roundup has Diquat (withers up the green and visual effects) which is what the other brands don’t have... but the Glyphosate is the main killing ingredient.

Roundup’s advantage over the other cheaper brands is the Diquat.

I hate that Home Depot got rid of their HDX1 41% for 1/8th the price of Roundup. Spray and 10 days your kudzu and ivy are compost!

I was recently at Tractor Supply and they had a few old label Round Up bottles that had Diquat but now I think it’s only the Round Up Pro version that has both.

Roundup has Diquat (withers up the green and visual effects) which is what the other brands don’t have... but the Glyphosate is the main killing ingredient.

I hate that Home Depot got rid of their HDX1 41% for 1/8th the price of Roundup. Spray and 10 days your kudzu and ivy are compost!

I did not know that; I will keep that in mind.

I've got "flowerbeds" full of rocks, and all kind of crap is sprouting in them. I bought some product for that, but I expect I'll be Roundin' 'em on up too. With the cheap generic!

Since you Roundup experts are on here-- any suggestions as to a surfactant? Throw in a squirt of Dawn per gallon? What works best? For English Ivy, lye works dynamite to strip the wax and let the RoundUp goodness inside the leaves. I have a post on here about that. But I don't really want to hose everything down with lye; it does kill grass.

I did not know that; I will keep that in mind.

I've got "flowerbeds" full of rocks, and all kind of crap is sprouting in them. I bought some product for that, but I expect I'll be Roundin' 'em on up too. With the cheap generic!

Since you Roundup experts are on here-- any suggestions as to a surfactant? Throw in a squirt of Dawn per gallon? What works best? For English Ivy, lye works dynamite to strip the wax and let the RoundUp goodness inside the leaves. I have a post on here about that. But I don't really want to hose everything down with lye; it does kill grass.
Real surfactant works best. I put in 1 tablespoon per gal.

Back
Top Bottom