• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Rowland 460

It's a stout round for sure. But I imagine that ammo for it is scarce and crazy expensive these days. Personally, I would go with a 10mm. There are some hot 10mm rounds out there pushing over 700ft/lbs from a 5" barrel, and it's much easier to get your hands on.

Some game wardens up in the arctic are issued 10mm handguns in case they run up on a polar bear, which is the size of a horse. I figure if it can handle that, it would handle anything in this area...

I’ve thought about converting a .45acp Glock to .460 Rowland but the ammo priced straightened me right out.

It's a shame when we have to stay away from cool guns, because you need to take out a second mortgage to buy ammo for it.

I really wanted a Ruger/Marlin 1895 Guide Gun, but the thought of spending $3 per boolit was just not something I was willing to do.

To me a 460 Rowland would just be a toy. It is not like I am outside in the wilderness much and don't even do much hunting these days. I would be surprised if a box of ammo didn't last me several years.

I once had a Ruger Redhawk in 44 mag. It was nice and my 1st big caliber handgun. I eventually got an itch and traded up to a Ruger Super Redhawk in 454 Casual. Of course, I wanted to shoot the biggest baddest ammo that I could find for it.
I remember the 1st time I fired it. I thought: No way did that kick hurt my hand as much as I thought it did.
After I shot the next round, I thought: H3LL yea it did.

Anyway, a few years later I was back to a 44mag. Then down to a 357 mag.

I do think a 10mm fits my niche fairly well for those days that I am totally saturated with "Toxic Masculinity".

Back
Top Bottom