• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

RPD

Targetmaster

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
228   0
Reaction score
Well, it cost a pretty penny but since Nam, I've always wanted one. I captured one after I tossed in a frag and removed it from the warm dead fingers of the Dude who was using me for target practice. At about 16lbs or so, it was still lighter than our M60.. But I loved the feel of it.. Just something about the feel and sound of a belt feed weapon. I guess I'll have to order a few more Drums and belts, it comes with Two Drums and two belts plus all the extra goodies. I'll do a range report soon. It's solid and built like a tank, Soviet weapons are crude, but I'll give them credit, they do work and work well.. Several million Dead Nazis prove that.. This a keeper, then willed to my son (after I pass on to the Big Fox hole in the sky) I'll try to post a video in the next couple of weeks of her in action..Lets see what this baby can do..:thumb: God, my neighbors hate me :becky:
rpd2.jpg

Ok, have a jamming problem, and light primer hit. Talked to DAS and they told me to box and ship, so hopefully they'll fix the problem. As it was designed to fire from open bolt with fixed firing pin, conversions have had problems with weak firing pins and I think the jamming is caused by misaligned feeding tray. So lets see how fast the problems can be fixed and returned.. Beautiful Weapon built in 1959, would make a great wall hanger, but I shoot my weapons, not just look at them..

Back
Top Bottom