• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger 22/45 lite

I battled back and forth between getting the Mark III target or the 22/45. I went to a gun show and held both. I eventually did more reading and saw the 22/45 lite version and went to a local gun store in Marietta that had one in stock. I held it and bought it. It is a sweet pistol. I can't wait to take it to the range with my wife.

Here is a quick video I did on my YouTube Channel. Check it out.
[video=youtube_share;tHMQBcdaG1U]http://youtu.be/tHMQBcdaG1U[/video]

I just bought one also. Great gun. The trigger sucks, bad. Oh well I guess I will change that out. Another 150 spent.

My trigger was not too bad. Ive already but 3,000+ rounds down mine. Its nice a smooth now.

- - - Updated - - -

Nice... what are these going for new?

I got mine for 360 shipped to my FFL.

I finally did a video of breaking the pistol down. Not as easy as my S&W M&P 9mm. I also will be doing a video on how to fix the mainspring housing issue.:frusty:

Last edited by a moderator:
My trigger does not reset after an emptied magazine. I have 5 Ruger magazines and it does the same thing on every magazine. Fire ten rounds slide locks back, drop mag, put in new mag, hit slide release pull trigger.....nothing......release/reset trigger......round fires. Sent it off already once to Ruger, they replace extractor and bolt assembly and it didn't fix the problem, off to Ruger it goes again.

Picked up a Ruger 22/45 lite, excellent shooter, alot of fun, the cons on the origional post can be fixed by putting in the the TandemKross bushing which gets rid of the mag safety and makes breakdown and re-assembly of the pistol 10x easier.

On mine put on the dawson precision optic front site, tamdemkross bushing to get rid of mag safety, Tac Sol Compensator, Raasco customer grips (thicker), 4 mags with TandemKross +1 mag extensions and a Bushnell TRS-25 Red Dot.

Recommendations if you buy one, before you even shoot it take the front sight off and use blue locktite on it, if you mount the rain locktite it as well.

To date mine runs with Federal, CCI, Winchester bulk ammo just fine with no issues, I have run as much as 400 rounds through it at the range without a single hiccup!

awesome guns that are super fun to customize. i have a pac-lite upper on mine with a tac-sol compenssator, mark II mag release and mag safety removed and a volquartsen trigger which helps A LOT!! it had mag issues as well when got it but found the mags were just wrong series, want to say they were mark II mags(they had no upper window) then i switched them for mark III mags with the upper windows and it worked perfectly after that and now is an absolute nail driver.

Back
Top Bottom