• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger LCP .380

streetroc

Default rank 5000+ posts Lifetime Supporter
DO NOT TOUCH THE TRIM!
53   0
Reaction score
Pros-
Very light weight and easy to conceal, I can drop it in the pocket of my gym shorts if I want to and its like its not even there. Actually its in my pocket right now, I almost forgot about it.

Comfortable grip with the pinky extension, and I have big hands. The LCP feels very natural in my hand and points very well

Extremely reliable. My LCP eats up any kind of ammo I feed it and I have never had a single malfunction.

Very accurate. Even with the little 2'' barrel it has no problem putting all 7 rounds on center mass at 10yrds.

Smooth DAO trigger with crisp break. Not crazy about DAO pistols but it does give me piece of mind when its in my pocket.

Powerful for its size. The .380 with some good HPs packs quite a punch for a pocket gun and the LCP is still smaller and more compact than many .25acp and .32acp pocket pistols. Youre not going to be hunting elephants with it but its more than enough to take down two-legged game.

Cons-

The sights suck. It has a tiny nub for a front sight and a shallow channel for a rear. Not really a big deal though, this is a gun for when things get real close and dirty and you probably wont need sights at all.

It collects a lot of dust and lint in my pocket and must be cleaned regularly. (this is true of all pocket pistols though.)

The slide does not lock back when its empty.

Overall I am very happy with my LCP. If you are looking for a small gun thats easy to conceal and wont give you trouble its the best $350 you will ever spend.

I like the LCP as well but, for me at least, my hand hurts after 50 rounds with this thing. Not really a pleasure to shoot.

I dont really have an issue with that but honestly I dont really notice the difference in any of my pistols anymore. My .357 feels the same as my 9mm to me. My girlfriend and my mom both say that my Glock 23 has too much recoil but they have no problems with my .45. I guess its different for everyone.

Once I got ahold of a Sig p238, the lcp was up for sale. They are the exact same size, the sig seems a little heavier. The sights are 10x the lcp. The lcp also made my hand feel cramped for room, even with the pinky extension. The trigger pull was soooo long on the lcp, I guess that is the saftey. Bottom line is if you like the lcp, you will love the p238.

The p238 is an excellent weapon (as all Sigs usually are!) but I dont know how comfortable I would be about keeping a gun in my pocket with the hammer cocked back. It took me a long time just to get comfortable carrying a 1911 like that.

Nice pocket gun, not bsd to shoot, the only thing I dislike is the tigger pull is too much if you ask me. I have to put the very tip of my finger on the trigger to be able to pull it all the way. But it is good for fitting in your pockets.

I just picked up one of these yesterday. I got me a Tuff pocket holster, been carrying it in my left pocket. I have big thighs so it prints but it just looks like a wallet in my pocket. Its accurate too. First 5 shoots was a 1 inch group at 15 feet. The sights work, even though they are basically none, they do work. I like it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom