• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger LCP .380

I don't know if it is proper to say (mods), but around here they show a Ruger LCP .380 acp 2.75 blue 6 round for $300.00 out the door. I don't need one but FYI.

Purchased an LCP this week, Feb, 2012. Extremely pleased with it, have a Tuff pocket holster size 12 and it fits perfect (no crimson trace, I'm not a laser toy guy). First time at the range I could not believe the accuracy on this little pistol, first 6 rounds were in a nice 3" shot group. 2nd and third clips were good with a few wild ones that were a bit off. What I found is the trigger is a bit slick, I may rough it up a touch, haven't decided on that yet, I don't mind the long pull as with the pocket holster covering the trigger I'm am confident to carry it with one in the chamber. I also added the packmayr grip, it and it gives it a little more beef on the sides which I find makes it much easier to hold and shoot.

Ergonomics on the pistol are excellent love the size, shape, smoothness, and while the sights are not great due to their low profile it does allows me to draw it from my back pocket effortlessly which I really like.

Pros: Light weight, .380 I feel is definitely superior to .22, .25 or .32, super easy to carry and conceal, accurate point and shooter, like the overall quality, looks and feel of this little pistol!

Con's: Trigger takes some getting use to, could be better but I'm okay with it. Sights could be better, but again it's a point and shooter and once you get use to them they are a non issue. Thin grip doesn't make for a good grip, get the packmayr or hogue grip and you'll be much happier.

I put a hogue grip on mine. It tames the snappy recoil and the thicker feel just makes it feel good like a larger pistol. It's the best 8 bucks I have spent. The grip comes with a longer frame pin to hold it in place at the top. It's very easy to install.

I saw the new Lcp gen2 for 269.00 at CG&P on Saturday.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom