Stealthy!

i40.tinypic.com_2rq2ipj.jpg

i40.tinypic.com_2550yh5.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_2h6u3hx.jpg

i44.tinypic.com_wvwp00.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_346nsqs.jpg

i44.tinypic.com_rc7ytg.jpg

Continued...

Not too shabby using 230, 320 and a final 400 grit shoe shine and block sanding of the flats.

i41.tinypic.com_doq6n6.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_15qw6sh.jpg

i43.tinypic.com_10cke4z.jpg

i41.tinypic.com_11szfip.jpg

i42.tinypic.com_25k3p05.jpg

Salt and pepper go together!

i39.tinypic.com_2s0ip9t.jpg

Last edited:
Very nicely done. Great job RR. When ya gonna shoot it? Can I have it? :D

Thank you sir!

The pits were shallow and not near the roll markings so I had pretty much free rein to get a decent finish. The issue is the flashier the shine the more it affects sight picture so I went with the 400 grit as a final but dang it is still pretty flashy.

I been pretty busy and still have a wood project and a couple of steel projects on the bench. The cold has kept me inside. I shoot at South River Gun Club and I'm more of a fair weather shooter. I will post up picks of the range time to close this one out.

No sir you cannot have it, sorry. :(

Wow Doc, that is some mighty fine work! I really have an appreciation for those who can do honest gunsmith work. It's a dying art, but you're certainly keeping it alive. Great job.

Wow Doc, that is some mighty fine work! I really have an appreciation for those who can do honest gunsmith work. It's a dying art, but you're certainly keeping it alive. Great job.

I'm not a serious gunsmith, just a hobby type guy with a few tools for fun. Thanks!

Very nice work. Looks new. I like the hex grip screws.

Brownells had them in stock. I got the nickel and blued set. It's really an attractive pistol with the taper barrel.

How have I missed this thread?

The bluing came out NICE!

Another great job!

You sir are slacking. :becky:

Thanks!

I appreciate all the favorable comments guys. So I was going to wait to shoot this but it was so nice out I grabbed a couple of guns and headed with my daughter to the range. Of course I had to check this gun out and get the sights close to point of aim. I brought along another Ruger pistol, known to be much, much, more accurate than I can shoot anymore.

Sighting in the Ruger Target II (Blued) at 15 yards using a Crown Whiskey sandbag as a rest:

i42.tinypic.com_25zgldc.jpg

The Ruger Bull Barrel Stainless groups on the left and I tucked my head after warming up and shoot the tightest group of the afternoon with the Ruger Target II Blued. The trigger was a tiny bit rough but smoothed out after a few magazines ran through it.

i44.tinypic.com_fms394.jpg

Best group of the afternoon. I know this gun can do much better and stack these. My eyes were having trouble focusing in the dimmer afternoon light with cloud cover.

i41.tinypic.com_1448unk.jpg

Some parting shots and the end of the day.

i41.tinypic.com_3rdww.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_30lhxlu.jpg

i39.tinypic.com_2nstd7a.jpg

Back
Top Bottom