Ruger Max 9 - Your Thoughts

Ruger Max 9?

• Thumbs Up

• Thumbs Down

Results are only viewable after voting.
Classic Ruger. They usually aren't first to market with anything but they are very good at coming into an existing market and opening it right up with good quality, reasonably priced firearms.

They did it with the LCP in the 'pocket 380' market. Sure, Keltec came out with the OG, but Ruger was the one that sold so many it dried up the whole US supply of 380.

They did it again with the 1911 back when it started getting popular again in 2010/11. They probably sell more 1911s now than any other single company out there, and that would include Colt.

With an MSRP of $499 this gun will sell well, especially once sales slow down a bit and they start getting discounted. The red dot option being standard is a selling point too. Plus, this is based on the LC9, so it's already a proven design.

I don't think it'll replace my P365 any time soon, but it's a nice entry for them into that market.

Looks okay, but can you buy one from a gun case in a gun store right now? Can you order one right now? If you can't do either it might as well not exist for me - it's vaporware AFAIC

They are out there... sort of. I haven't seen any in stores but there's a boatload on Gunbroker.

Classic Ruger. They usually aren't first to market with anything but they are very good at coming into an existing market and opening it right up with good quality, reasonably priced firearms.

They did it with the LCP in the 'pocket 380' market. Sure, Keltec came out with the OG, but Ruger was the one that sold so many it dried up the whole US supply of 380.

They did it again with the 1911 back when it started getting popular again in 2010/11. They probably sell more 1911s now than any other single company out there, and that would include Colt.

With an MSRP of $499 this gun will sell well, especially once sales slow down a bit and they start getting discounted. The red dot option being standard is a selling point too. Plus, this is based on the LC9, so it's already a proven design.

I don't think it'll replace my P365 any time soon, but it's a nice entry for them into that market.

They are out there... sort of. I haven't seen any in stores but there's a boatload on Gunbroker.
Please don't get me wrong. I own three SR1911s, two GP-100s, stainless 10-22 and a couple others. Good guns from a reputable company that would beat the socks off somebody like KT any day of the week. My concern now in guns is availability and not from an auction site...

Yup, if they are only on GB they aren't really 'available' like you say. But at least it shows that Ruger has produced them and they made it all teh way through distribution to the retail outlets.

Still, that's the times we live in. Any gun store that gets one in can either put it up for MSRP and sell it in about 15 seconds, or put it on GB and make $50-100 extra. There probably are a few stores selling them over the counter, but it sure looks like a lot of places are simply throwing them up for auction.

I'll bet some of the higher volume stores will have them on the shelves though.

If this had been available a few weeks ago over the counter, I might have purchased it over my P365. But, all in all, very happy with the P365. I have an LCP II and am happy with it for what it does. Same with Ruger 10/22.

The biggest difference between the Ruger and the P365 is that the Sig has a stainless steel barrel and slide whereas the Ruger is carbon steel. My luck with Ruger has been rust happening if I sweat on them. I have a LC9s pro and it sits in my bag as I carry my P365. I love the Ruger trigger, but their blued finishes are in my opinion, sub-par. When they offer it in stainless I will be a buyer.

Sent from my P01M using Tapatalk

Reactions: A34
Yup, if they are only on GB they aren't really 'available' like you say. But at least it shows that Ruger has produced them and they made it all teh way through distribution to the retail outlets.

Still, that's the times we live in. Any gun store that gets one in can either put it up for MSRP and sell it in about 15 seconds, or put it on GB and make $50-100 extra. There probably are a few stores selling them over the counter, but it sure looks like a lot of places are simply throwing them up for auction.

I'll bet some of the higher volume stores will have them on the shelves though.
There is one on here for sale/trade

TruPrep in Marietta has had them in stock. Not sure if they do currently, or what the price is.

Lights like the Streamlight TLR-6 will mount to the front of the trigger guard.

Back
Top Bottom