• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger P95 DC

tylerdurden

Hen of Fame Supporter
ODT Junkie!
172   0
Reaction score
The first gun I ever had...

What a piece of crap. I turned 21 and REALLY wanted a gun and only had about 300 dollars I wanted to spend. So i went to the store after doing youtube research and bought the Ruger P95. Holy Crap what a piece of crap.

Price: 325$

The Good: It has a decocker which is pretty cool, I like DCs.
... What else was good.... hum..... It will make an awesome paper weight and....
It is consistant with how often it jamms

The BAD:The gun is really heavy for a 9mm (but now im a plastics fan). And when I shot it it jammed every 3 shots. Sometimes it would jam bc the bullet got caught on the mag or sometimes on the feed ramp, sometimes a shell would get caught by the slide when it was trying to eject, sometimes the caseing wouldnt even eject. I didnt limp wrist, I tryed all kinds of ammo including +P. I tryed all different size grain bullets but no matter what I could not get it to stop jamming. I oiled it with nice gun oil, kept it clean..ect....
Overall this gun was unreliable.

I saw some videos of people pollishing their feed ramps but I didnt want to treck taht far so I sold it. (full disclosure ofcoruse) This gun really left a bad taste in my mouth when I think of ruger now. Needless to say im not impressed.

If you are thinking about buying this weapon... save your money and get a glock or (insert ANY OTHER GUN NAME HERE). When it comes to a tool that could save your life one day, its worth the money.

I've had several of the p95's and they would feed and eat any ammo I put through them and I don't believe I ever had a fail to shoot or a jam. But they are big and bulky

I do not know about P95's but my P90 45 cal is accurate and runs whatever I put in it. No it is not comparable to my Glock or my springer 1911, but for what it costs it does extremely fine. Might should have put yours through a break in period ( I do not know)

My buddy bought a P95 and a P89 around the same time. The P95 was reliable and fairly accurate. The P89 on the other hand, was a pile of junk! It was bulky and awkward to hold. It never jammed that I recall, but you could aim at a barn and miss. Horrible gun!

I bought a P-85 when they 1st came out, great gun other than the rear sight moved back & forth. sent it back to Ruger, they fixed it No Charge & sent me 2 new clips for my trouble. I have since owned a P-89DC, A P-90 DC, and a P-95 DC (still have the P-89 & P-95) I have never had a Jamb or Fail to Fire. All the above where pretty accurate right out of the box, and have eat any kind of ammo you put through them. Put a set of Hoage grips on them, t changes that gun tremendously.

I have owned a P95 for a little over a year and have shot it alot. Not one time have I had a FTE or FTF. I love this gun, I have to admit that it does have a little bulk to it and I'm starting to fall in love with the M&P. The only thing I would change on this gun would be the safety/DC. I prefer a 1911 style safety/DC that works in a push down motion instead of a push through.

Back
Top Bottom