Ruger Precision rifle rebarrel

Long range shooting 260 or 7-08

• 260 rem

Votes: 8 80.0%
  • 7-08

Votes: 2 20.0%

• Total voters
.260 Remington then.

You already have everything you need but dies, projectiles, & brass if you are loading .308.

You can neck down .308 or 7-08 to 260 if you so desire or buy .260 Lapua brass.

Or Neck up .243.

Let me see you do something like that with a Creed.

I’ll wait.

6b3ae8f189f68aaacdeac8ebe0cbb6e8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Too much work. Just buy the proper damn brass. And know it's single lot and consistent.

The 6.5 is hot now with stupid numbers of projectile choices. Reloaders wet dream. Just pick a case. If I were to do it again I would choose the x47 lapua over the creed or 260. The only reason to go 7mm is if 1000 yd fclass is your thing. The 284 and its Wildcats dominate there.

I'd go with the 260.

Have you checked out Columbia River barrels? Previously known as Blackholeweaponry.

https://columbiariverarms.com/product/ruger-precision-rifle/

Choose your barrel profile, barrel length up to 26", fluted or plain, cerakote, also a choice of target crown or threaded. They have a proprietary Caudle polygonal rifling & hand polish their chambers. Can choose 1-8 or 1-9 twist rates too.

Not a fast order, but you custom order exactly what you want.

I'd go with the 260.

Have you checked out Columbia River barrels? Previously known as Blackholeweaponry.

https://columbiariverarms.com/product/ruger-precision-rifle/

Choose your barrel profile, barrel length up to 26", fluted or plain, cerakote, also a choice of target crown or threaded. They have a proprietary Caudle polygonal rifling & hand polish their chambers. Can choose 1-8 or 1-9 twist rates too.

Not a fast order, but you custom order exactly what you want.

I suggest 1:8 in Fluted Sendero.
24” is a good all around length.

If you are running a can consider 22”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Not a fan of flutes. 2 barrels with the same contour, length, and chambering, but one is fluted. The fluted barrel is less stiff than a non-fluted barrel. You can’t remove material and increase stiffness as a result.

2 barrels of the exact same length, chambering, contour, and WEIGHT, and one barrel is fluted. The fluted barrel is stiffer.

Back
Top Bottom