• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Ruger SR 1911

Chuckdog

Default rank <3500 posts
ODT Junkie!
11   0
Reaction score
I'll make this short and, well I'll make it short. I picked up a new Ruger 1911 this past Saturday and took it to the range Sunday afternoon. The pistol is a classic series 70 type design and equipped with a standard length guide rod. Both are pluses in my book, as I like simple best.

It's fitted with Novak type 3 dot sights that are well regulated to the pistol. I've shot it with two different loads. The first were 200 cast semi-wadcutters loaded with a full velocity dose of Universal. The pistol shoots dead on point of aim at the 12 paces I tested it at.

I took it by and shot some 225 grain cast flatnose (45 Colt type) bullets yesterday while allowing rifle barrels to cool. The pistol paid no attention to the change in bullet type or velocity at the same 12 steps distance.

The trigger is a bit heavy, but not bad for any new pistol. It breaks fairly consistently making accurate shooting easy if I do my part.

The pistol is supplied with two stainless mags, a zippered soft case and comes in a cardboard box.

Below is a picture of the first 7 rds through it. I pulled the first shot right but the other 6 shots took the dot right off Kevin's yard sign.

All in all, a great example of a 1911 at an affordable price.

IMG00208.jpgIMG00203.jpgIMG00204.jpg

Nice, short, simple, review.
I recently traded into one myself but have only been able to run two mags thru it hastily in the back yard.
I can't wait to put a few hundred rounds thru her and see how she compares to my Springer.

I love mine as well. Simple is best for sure. Great gun and report Cdog.. Whats up with the one flyer? HAHAHAHA

Nice, short, simple, review.
I recently traded into one myself but have only been able to run two mags thru it hastily in the back yard.
I can't wait to put a few hundred rounds thru her and see how she compares to my Springer.

:thumb:

- - - Updated - - -

Good accuracy,I've been looking at the Ruger for sometime(just can't pull the trigger).Also been looking at the Remington 1911.

Coulda had mine :rolleyes:

Good accuracy,I've been looking at the Ruger for sometime(just can't pull the trigger).Also been looking at the Remington 1911.

With my limited experience with the two you're considering, this Ruger seems to be the more refined pistol. Most R1's I've picked up needed trigger work. This one's usable right from the box.

Back
Top Bottom