S&W K-frame Round Butt Grips

GAgunLAWbooklet

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
63   0
Reaction score
*********. GONE. **********

FREE to good home (you pay $5 contribution toward shipping if we can't meet in person):

Bianchi "Lighting" hammer shroud grips (AKA " stocks ") for a K-frame S&W ROUND BUTT revolver. Made for BIANCHI by Pachmayr.
These are full size, finger-groove, rubber grips, like Pachmayr's other grips.

I have never had a K-frame ROUND butt gun; and I bought these (used, cheap) just so I could try the "feel" of finger-groove rubber grips that fully cover the front and back parts of my gun's grip frame. I had to cut out some of the rubber on the back of these grips to let my square-butt grip frame stick out.

I liked the feel of them, and I began looking for, and found, another set of Pachmayr grips for my gun. So I don't need these.

IF YOU HAVE a K-frame ROUND butt revolver that you CARRY for defense, and if your holster doesn't require an exposed hammer to hold a retaining strap, this grip might be good for you.
Yeah, it looks weird. But it feels good.
The part that sticks up and forms a hammer shroud are stiff, being steel reinforced under that rubber coating. Yet you can thumb-cock the hammer if you want to take your time and do a well-aimed single action shot.

I'll meet anywhere along GA 400 or I-575 around Canton, Woodstock, or Marietta, or I can ship them to you for a $5 contribution towards shipping costs (if it's more, I'll pay the difference).

Pics coming soon.
Meanwhile, here's a pic of somebody else's gun with new, unmodified grips of this type on it. This is what a 2" barreled S&W model 10 would look like in these grips, basically.

S-W model 10 shroud hammer grips.jpg

My gun is a 6-inch model, and nobody in their right mind would want shrouded-hammer grips on a duty sized gun. UNLESS they were trying to teach a newbie to get out of the habit of thumb-cocking the gun and learning to shoot it double action only!

P.S. When I was using these on my S&W Model 66, I won a PPC style championship and got a two-foot tall trophy. These finger-groove grips really help tame recoil and muzzle flip.

BUT, I found they didn't have quite enough clearance on the left side grip for use with speedloaders, so I ground them down a bit more, and touched-up the exposed metal with a black magic marker. Again, it increases the practical use of these at the expense of making them uglier.

Pics coming shortly.

**********. Gone! This has found a new home.*******

Bump. Does anybody have a "carry" revolver that's a S&W K-frame round butt?
Give this a try and see how you like it.
It will keep the hammer from snagging your clothing on the draw, and ditto for a lady drawing it from her purse, where a conventional hammer might catch the lining, or hook her set of eyeglasses and have them hanging off the gun as it comes out of the purse!

How did I not see these replies before?
Somebody should've PM'd me back in July.
Now they're spoken-for, as soon as I find them.
Back into the deepest bowels of the gun gear locker they went earlier this summer.
Fastfish66, if I can find them again, they're yours.

Back
Top Bottom