• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

S&W M686 2.5” $653.75

Great price, only downside is per item descriptions these are not the “plus”model.
The only difference is plus is a seven shot and this is a six right? Does one shoot better than the other? I know with model 17/617's I have seen people claim that the 6 shooter shoots better than the 10 but I haven't shot a 6.

The only difference is plus is a seven shot and this is a six right? Does one shoot better than the other? I know with model 17/617's I have seen people claim that the 6 shooter shoots better than the 10 but I haven't shot a 6.
I’m interested in any further on this. I have always preferred the idea or the 6. I don’t know if it’s because it’s an even number, it’s symmetrical or it’s just what a revolver is supposed to hold. It could very well be I’m a lot older than my birthday would lead you to believe and I’m not much on change. That said seven would squeeze that one more round in when shooting a match.

Yes the plus holds seven. I can’t say if one is better than the other, I’ve only shot a rented plus model on an indoor range. For me if I was buying 2.5” barrel revolver I’d probably want to carry it and would like having that extra capacity.

As far as I can find, looks like the only differences are the moon clips and 7shot capacity for the Plus model. I noticed Honest Outlaw did a 1000rd review (video) on the 686.

Give it a week or 2…. we’ll see how low they can go.
IMG_3703.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom