saiga 12

Masterdebater

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
10   0
Reaction score
so a new store by me has saigas going for about 650, and theyll convert it for around 200 bucks if i didnt wind up doing it myself. the real question here is, why do you see saiga 12s going for 1200-1400 bucks? a basic ass looking saiga nothing special??? what am i missing here

so a new store by me has saigas going for about 650, and theyll convert it for around 200 bucks if i didnt wind up doing it myself. the real question here is, why do you see saiga 12s going for 1200-1400 bucks? a basic ass looking saiga nothing special??? what am i missing here

Good question. I don't think I've ever seen a thread wondering why prices on the ODT are higher than retail.

Does the conversion include all new furniture as well as the smith work? If so, RUN...RUN and get it and let them convert it.
If not, add another $150 to $200 for furniture. You are now at the 1050 to 1100 mark.

It depends on who did the conversion I guess. A Krebs conversion will be worth $500 more than a local pawn shop conversion. Personally, I converted mine and I love it. I even tig welded the holes in the rear of the receiver and refinished it instead of popping plastic rivets in like in a lot of other conversions.

Last edited:
Does the conversion include all new furniture as well as the smith work? If so, RUN...RUN and get it and let them convert it.
If not, add another $150 to $200 for furniture. You are now at the 1050 to 1100 mark.

This, and is it a true conversion or are they just adding a taco pistol grip stock?

Like they've said, it depends on if they did it with welding or just popping plastic rivets in it. If they're welding, they have to refinish it after the fact.

I picked mine up for about 650 and I've probably got about 400 or more in it and I converted it myself. My suggestion is to snag one if you are interested in it and just do the conversion yourself. It takes about 2 hours with all the parts sitting in front of you and you can put the 200 you would have spent for someone else to conert it on the parts needed for basic 922r compliance.

Back
Top Bottom