Saiga 7.62x39 for $499

Hmm, I know it's vague...DIY, with average parts...any guesstimate?
Let's say you run with tapco parts, and you already have your own drill press, bits, etc? around 100.(This dosen't count mags.)
Note: I wouldn't 'DIY' a Saiga conversion unless you're a gunsmith, or a machinist. If you mess up the cut where the new trigger is going to, the receiver is junk.

Last edited by a moderator:
Let's say you run with tapco parts, and you already have your own drill press, bits, etc? around 100.(This dosen't count mags.)
Note: I wouldn't 'DIY' a Saiga conversion unless you're a gunsmith, or a machinist. If you mess up the cut where the new trigger is going to, the receiver is junk.

Unless things have changed, that cut is already there. It's covered by a plate you remove.
I did my Saiga 12 a few years ago and I'm no gunsmith. The 7.62 x 39 shouldn't be that much harder.

Negative it has to be cut, And basic machine shop experience is all thats required to successfully and professionally complete a full conversion
Unless things have changed, that cut is already there. It's covered by a plate you remove.
I did my Saiga 12 a few years ago and I'm no gunsmith. The 7.62 x 39 shouldn't be that much harder.

- - - Updated - - -

Negative it has to be cut, And basic machine shop experience is all thats required to successfully and professionally complete a full conversion

I could see this turning into typical pissing match so let me clarify.. the double hook G2 trigger has to be cut..so since that's what I prefer..mines always need to be cut

Interesting... I was about to chime in that with my S12 I only needed to drill out some rivets, no cutting required. Sounds like the rifles are setup differently. Good to know since I was thinking about trying this after the prices went down a bit.

Back
Top Bottom