• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Savannah shuts down business selling illegal military goods

That's crazy. Wonder what kind and how they got the "weapons that are illegal for civilians" they were selling. Whatever it was, they were obviously stupid ass hell to continue to do it while under investigation.

I've been in that store, I never saw anything out of the ordinary.
Well then again I wasn't shopping for illegal military rifle cleaning kits either.:tsk:

Last edited:
"The court order mentions that military rifle cleaning kits, silencers, firearms components and accessories, gas masks, body armor, small arms protective inserts, explosives, firearms, high capacity rifle magazines and ammunition were being stored and sold at the locations. It also points out that Warriors Gear continued to receive and sell such items after the first search warrant was served in 2014."

"ATF, UNIT, CSU and Explosive Ordnance Device (bomb squad) officers have executed various raids on the businesses and storage facilities and have determined that the weapons, many of them illegal for civilian use, had been sold to convicted felons and others."

Yep that's a lot of info and what is illegal? This is an Army Surplus store. Did they not have an FFL? Did they not properly screen and complete documentation?

The city of Savannah is operated by an anti-gun administration and I suspect some bias but if they were doing something illegal, what specifically was it? And what specifically were the "weapons" illegal for civilian use as these could be automatic knives.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Warriors-Gear/278087012296876 (last post Oct 2014)

Anyone live in the area, familiar with the store?

I have several cleaning kits. I hope non of them are illegal.

How many more people must die from illegal gun cleaning kits until there's sensible legislation? Cotton cleaning patches are more dangerous than they appear. And those bore brushes just look intimidating.

Something had to be done - for the children.

Back
Top Bottom