Sbr keyholing (Fixed)

wouldn't it have keyholed more then 2 out of 450 Rnds if it was hitting the can?

And im positive that atleast one was my round bx we wre doing a 3yard shoot to show us bore sight offset (think that's what it was called)

You had a keyhole at 3 yards??!! The bullet has to be hitting the can. You could be shooting a smoothbore and it wouldn't be keyholing that close.

You had a keyhole at 3 yards??!! The bullet has to be hitting the can. You could be shooting a smoothbore and it wouldn't be keyholing that close.
yeah... But I'd think it would keyhole them all... I'll check it when I get home tonight.

yeah... But I'd think it would keyhole them all... I'll check it when I get home tonight.

You would think, but there's just no way it's doing it that close without hitting something. You say there is no possibility the bullet was striking anything after leaving the barrel?

The only other thing I can think of is if the barrel is the wrong caliber for the bullet. Like shooting a 223 out of a 30.

You would think, but there's just no way it's doing it that close without hitting something. You say there is no possibility the bullet was striking anything after leaving the barrel?

The only other thing I can think of is if the barrel is the wrong caliber for the bullet. Like shooting a 223 out of a 30.
only thing between the barrel and the target is the suppresor and qd muzzle break.

I would put good money on a very slight kiss on the end cap of the muzzle brake. It could be that the vortexes in the can are, in just the right circumstances, causing a tiny bit of instability, causing an end cap strike. Would not necessarily happen every rounds.

I would try disassembling everything, cleaning the fool out of it - especially the can - and trying again. If it still happens, time to look at other things.

I would put good money on a very slight kiss on the end cap of the muzzle brake. It could be that the vortexes in the can are, in just the right circumstances, causing a tiny bit of instability, causing an end cap strike. Would not necessarily happen every rounds.

I would try disassembling everything, cleaning the fool out of it - especially the can - and trying again. If it still happens, time to look at other things.

Makes sense.

Also check alignment of the can. If it's already off a little it might not take much to cause a strike.

Back
Top Bottom