• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Closed  Scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Operating System
  1. Windows
Device Type
  1. Phone
  2. Computer
Browser
Chrome

STIHL301

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
Reaction score
Hey guys I have a weird feeling about a post I made help me out.

So I made a WTB ad and received a email from the ODT about a inbox message. First off it just came through my email and doesn't show
up in my inbox like normal second when I searched the user name nothing came up and he wants to communicate through email. Anyone else having these issues?

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been closed. Votes are no longer accepted.
That guy was active on the NC forums years ago also.

ETA - Sorry if I've posted that 8 times already. I'm not sure.
It's okay, the neckbeards here need reminding occasionally that you can't really expect to buy a Winchester Model 52 for $600 (as an example). In my opinion they deserve to be parted from their money.

GO GARY!

I keep seeing this face but don't know the back story. Any links or more info?
You would have to find some of the back links to him…he was a scammer that was on here for a stretch . Everyone eventually got around to finding out that he was a scam though. At that time at least.
My memory is suffering hard lately with health issues so I can’t give details.

You would have to find some of the back links to him…he was a scammer that was on here for a stretch . Everyone eventually got around to finding out that he was a scam though. At that time at least.
My memory is suffering hard lately with health issues so I can’t give details.
He would PM and ask to use email to provide the details on "his friend" who had the Glock 45 you wanted to buy for $275. You could contact the scammer and he'd ask you to pay by non-refundable electronic methods and then he'd send your pistol to your receiving FFL. Then, after a couple of weeks you could come here to post questions about whether we thought you got scammed and was it too good to be true. Of course there were no PMs for any mod to examine because you got so greedy you were happy to take the deal offline and do everything by text or email. At the time he was active here, G45s were going for about $650+.

He is going under savaro1661 now it looks like. My question is how did he get my email through this site ? Must be a pro hacker lol
did the email come from the ODT? did he send you a PM? do you have email notification turned on?

when you went to your PMs the msg was gone because the mods deleted the account.

He would PM and ask to use email to provide the details on "his friend" who had the Glock 45 you wanted to buy for $275. You could contact the scammer and he'd ask you to pay by non-refundable electronic methods and then he'd send your pistol to your receiving FFL. Then, after a couple of weeks you could come here to post questions about whether we thought you got scammed and was it too good to be true. Of course there were no PMs for any mod to examine because you got so greedy you were happy to take the deal offline and do everything by text or email. At the time he was active here, G45s were going for about $650+.
Yep, I recall some of that now…..
( I swear , these damned seizures have wasted my memory bad ! But it should get better.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom