• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Scams

Status
Not open for further replies.

jawja clay

Default rank <1000 posts Supporter
Frontiersman
24   0
Reaction score
is it just me or are y’all seeing more scams and scammers on here lately? Not hard to spot, 0 post, 0 feedback, list from another state on profile and shipping goods from another. And willing to ship free. I’m usually polite with no thanks. One other giveaway, priced way under value.
I’m done complaining. Merry Christmas everyone!

New ODT accounts should have more stringent requirements.

1) Be sponsored by an established member
2) Pay $10 via credit card to join
3) Verified email address and home address
4) Any postings that violate current laws...like selling NFA items illegally or shady transactions across State lines - get you banned from the ODT permanently

This should eliminate 90% of scammers. We need to do more to protect this community, it’s a great place, I would hate for it to be invaded and taken over by scammers, criminals or illegal gun runners.

4) Any postings that violate current laws...like selling NFA items illegally or shady transactions across State lines - get you banned from the ODT permanently

This should eliminate 90% of scammers. We need to do more to protect this community, it’s a great place, I would hate for it to be invaded and taken over by scammers, criminals or illegal gun runners.
Maybe for a "verified user" status
No
Hell no
Already does.

is it just me or are y’all seeing more scams and scammers on here lately? Not hard to spot, 0 post, 0 feedback, list from another state on profile and shipping goods from another. And willing to ship free. I’m usually polite with no thanks. One other giveaway, priced way under value.
I’m done complaining. Merry Christmas everyone!
yep - like the guy from NY who wanted to buy an AR from me

This would likely stop 100% scammers and 95% new members if not more. No thanks, id rather the site grow then fade away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom