Scope mounting

BME013

Default rank <1000 posts
Frontiersman
56   0
Reaction score
Wondering how many people mount their own scopes vs having them done professionally? Any recommendations for screw drive the measure pounds to prevent over torquing and damaging optics.

If professional, who do you recommend in the cobb county area?

I use 2 magnet levels and a cheap 50 dollar rifle vice, may be more now, and a wheeler fat wrench. Most companies have what they suggest for the scope and the scope mount has their own. I look up both.

1651855295549.png

This is the best if you can find one. They are no longer made.

Kenzie Optics/Etowah Arms. Friendly and experienced guys that'll get it done right.

I always mount my own and I don't think I've ever had a problem due to my tools or my technique....
however I have had some cheap scope rings where the heads of the screws were a little out of spec and they didn't fit any of my Allen wrenches, either the inch or the metric sized ones.

I've also has some slot headed screws in scope mounts that required me to grind down a screwdriver for a perfect fit in order to tighten them without having the tool jump out of the slot.

I used to mount scopes for a sporting goods store for a living in my teens. Second nature for me.

Back
Top Bottom