• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Screwed up messed up and out the door in 10 mins with my registration (NEED TAG HELP)

zulu tango

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
28   4
Reaction score
So yall know the new tag laws in ga
so I wont be getting into the suckage of that this is a post to ask WTF should I do

So i bought a new truck 2000 silverado k1500 ext cab reg bed 4x4 5.3l v-8
no mods or add ons

I went to the fulton county tag office and they asked me my vehicle weight
well I did not know so i called my buddy to go look while she went and got her reference book
she got weight first she stated 12,400lbs my buddy calls back and says 6200lbs
I tell her no mamm its 6200 lbs no way is it 12,400 she said well I have to go by her book
her supervisor overhearing this comes over (2 young women of african american decent)
I tell her its wrong she says no sir its a truck
she issues me a commercial registration and commercial plate
which is being mailed to me I left with registration and temporary plate and some new form temp license plate certificate
the previous owner did not have this as commercial
the good part is she said it shows does not need emissions testing so I skated on that one
but wtf do I do now
how bad are commercial plates will LEO's pull me over
how will it work at weigh stations
where do i advocate this?
are there any benefits please help me with info if yah have it
Should I shut my mouth or be the squeeky wheel?

oh my fees were
365 title
42 for plate and transfer
$407.00

83430315.jpg

Look inside the door jam, take a photo of where it says the vehicle's GVRW or whatever. Gross Vehicle Weight or Curb Weight (Unloaded)... not it's total capacity... There's no way that truck weighs 6 tons plus.

It weighs in at less than 6000 lbs.

Look inside the door jam, take a photo of where it says the vehicle's GVRW or whatever. Gross Vehicle Weight or Curb Weight (Unloaded)... not it's total capacity... There's no way that truck weighs 6 tons plus.

It weighs in at less than 6000 lbs.

Ask the two young ladies to step on a balance scale so you can prove it is less than 6000 lbs.

Back
Top Bottom