Self Defense Reality Check..GRAPHIC Warning.

there is a video of a doctor giving a talk on what happens when you get shot, and a doctor explains that most gun shots cause you to bleed out, and depending on where you get hit, it might take a while.

The statistic I remember is that 90+ percentage of all gun shots are survived if treatment is administered in the first hour.

just goes to show how devastating a shot from rifle/shotgun as close range is...great for home defense? yes, but that will create a whole new thread

As long as it is loaded with an effective anti personnel round. I've argued with people for years about the "effectiveness" of bird shot. I'm convinced that at anything less than contact distance all it is going to do is make shallow wound that while looks gnarly ain't going to do **** against someone determined to fight. That includes high brass turkey loads. If I had to get shot by anything birdshot would be number one on my list followed by .25 acp.

Last edited:
As long as it is loaded with an effective anti personnel round. I've argued with people for years about the "effectiveness" of bird shot. I'm convinced that at anything less than contact distance all it is going to do is make shallow wound that while looks gnarly ain't going to do **** against someone determined to fight. That includes high brass turkey loads. If I had to get shot by anything birdshot would be number one on my list followed by .25 acp.
agreed. should have been more specific. a shot from 12g 00 would be devastating

But speaking of bird shot etc, only in the face would it be affective, damage to eyes etc, if one cannot see it will give you the upper hand. But obviously you would be VERY close to the threat at that moment to take that approach and the fight may be over by then anyways.

I know what he is trying to say but some of the videos don't line up with what he is talking about....Yes, if you get shot you may still have enough energy to move around. But looking at the video - if you are unarmed, get fatally shot and you are outnumbered by armed men, there's nothing you can do, regardless of how much 'fight' you still have left in you.

Back
Top Bottom