Seller who calls a magazine a clip?

Would you purchase a handgun from a seller calling a magazine a clip?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aikibiker65

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
12   0
Reaction score
Would you feel comfortable purchasing a handgun from someone who doesn't know the difference between a magazine and a clip?

"I have the original case, 3 clips, loader, cleaning brush and lock."

sure, if they dont know the difference in nomenclature, maybe they dont know what the price should be either

:)

kidding, it irks me a bit but not enough for me to make a fuss about it

tomato tomato

that saying doesnt work over the internet lol

sure, if they dont know the difference in nomenclature, maybe they dont know what the price should be either

tomato tomato

Heck yea use that to your advantage EX: " If only that gun had magazines instead of clips, I could give you full price"LOL

tomato tomato

Funny thing is that most of the time the price is above retail or so low it's too good to be true. Makes me wonder if the seller is a flipper or scammer. It's all about perception I guess.

It's splitting hairs... I don't really care what they call it if I want it and it's a good deal. They could call it a "bullet holder thingy" for all I care. :)

It's splitting hairs... I don't really care what they call it if I want it and it's a good deal. They could call it a "bullet holder thingy" for all I care. :)

It's really not "splitting hairs." It's just wrong. It's the equivalent in the automotive world if someone were to call a fuel pump an injector. One feeds something into the other. Clips are used feed bullets into magazines...honestly if I see an ad that says "clips" and it's not an M1, broom handle mauser, or any assorted milsurp bolt gun, I close the tab and move on...but I admit to being anal and quirky.

And for what it's worth, "bullet holder thingy" is fine....it's not standard but at least it's not wrong. :thumb:

chucklenut does, however, make a good point about the seller's potential equal ignorance as to the item's value....I may have to consider that in the future. :eyebrows:

Last edited:
It's really not "splitting hairs." It's just wrong. It's the equivalent in the automotive world if someone where to call a fuel pump an injector. One feeds something into the other. Clips are used feed bullets into magazines...honestly if I see an add that says "clips" and it's not an M1, broom handle mauser, or any assorted milsurp bolt gun, I close the tab and move on...but I admit to being anal and quirky.

chucklenut does, however, make a good point about the seller's potential equal ignorance as to the item's value....I may have to consider that in the future. :eyebrows:

:doh: my point was it doesn't matter right or wrong, if its something I want and its a good deal, they could call it anything and i'd buy it. All that matters is that I know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom