Senate Bill 72

Buck119

Default rank <4500 posts
Beretta Aficionado
220   0
Reaction score
Just received this information by email.
Opinions?

Georgia: WMA Hunting Bill to go to Senate Floor

On February 13th, the Georgia state Senate Natural Resources and the Environment Committee approved Senate Bill 72, sponsored by Senator Tyler Harper (R-7), to repeal the prohibition on hunting of wildlife management areas (WMA) and increase the number of deer tags available to each hunter. SB 72 is now being considered by the whole Senate and may receive a floor vote as early as Wednesday, February 20th.

——————————————-

First Reader Summary
A BILL to be entitled an Act to amend Chapter 1 of Title 27 of the O.C.G.A., relating to general provisions relative to game and fish, so as to remove a prohibition on hunting on wildlife management areas; to change the date of effective rules and regulations of the Board of Natural Resources; to amend Part 1 of Article 1 of Chapter 3 of Title 27 of the O.C.G.A., relating to general provisions relative to hunting, so as to provide for regulation of hunting with air guns of not less than 0.30 caliber; to modify seasons and bag limits for deer, opossum, and raccoon; to modify certain prohibitions relating to restrictions on hunting feral hogs; to amend various provisions of the O.C.G.A., so as to make conforming changes; to provide for related matters; to repeal conflicting laws; and for other purposes.

http://www.legis.ga.gov/Legislation/20192020/180804.pdf

Looks to me like they just add air rifles to the mix for deer hunting, and took away the extended deer season in the metro area. If you want to kill a deer with a .30 cal air rifle, by all means have at it. The 2 weeks people lose one the metro area, I mean it’s 2 weeks out of 5 months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They need to allow hog/coyotes hunting all year round on WMA’s.....day and night then there may be a reason to increase the number of deer and tags.

To just have a blanket increase in deer tags is kinda weird and I’m sure the biologists wouldn’t be too happy about that if some areas are really slim on deer population.

It almost seems to me that the state is looking for more revenue from hunters and are bypassing logical deer biology.

Let us kill all the coyotes and hogs then we can talk.

Back
Top Bottom