Seriously, define a "lowball" for me

I never hear anyone complaining that they didn't pay enough for that Dan Wesson or HiPoint or that they should have given that poor guy more money-he has kids to feed and all....Seems silly to be offended by an offer of cash or some boot for your item...Value is very subjective..Is a Glock19 really worth $ 450? A Kimber CDP II worth $800? Says who...

Prime example of someone upset over a deal, Guy had 2 scopes advertised, "don't know how much their worth or anything about them". He gave a sketchy description, asked for offers. I emailed him for a better description or model # got no reply. Then I did a little research online found the same scopes he described, on sale New for 39.95. I made a $25 offer for 1 of the scopes. Immediate reply from seller, "was I crazy, my scope does this and that and yadda, yadda, yadda! His is a different model and worth much more.". I emailed him back and just told him, from the information he provided, and what I found I can buy them all day long NEW with Warranty for $40. Sorry he didn't like my offer good luck. It appears he either doesn't know what he has, misrepresented what he has, or wants New List Prices for used Scopes. FYI this was not here on ODT.
I always hate "MAKE AN OFFER" deals, I wish they weren't allowed PERIOD! Some sites won't let you list "make offer" deals.
Bottom line if your stupid enough to list something as UNKNOWN what it is, or WORTH and just want offers, then don't be insulted by offers that are under what you want or think it may be worth!!

Last edited:
How about pricing a gun for the same retail price they bought it for? LIKE C'MON dude..lol. IMHO..I am civilized even if someone says NO. I will either move on or try to step on the same scale they are stepping on. Whether your buying or selling or trading...everybody has the right to two words....YES or NO... Can we all just get along...lol :)

I just received a PM back from a guy attempting to sell an item for about $200 more than you can buy it from Guns America or Gun Broker. I pointed out (privately) this fact and told him that if he were willing to reduce his price, I'd be interested. His response was:
"If you like there (sic) price so much, Buy from them."
Last check, there were 240 views, 0 replies. 'Nuff said...

Hate coming to the party late, especially when all the yoohoo has already been consumed.

I agree with petro- there should be a price on anything for sale.
I rarely reply to "make offer", or if I do, will turn it around and pm for asking price.Waste of time.

I never try to bargain on a "firm" price.

It is what I offer for overpriced stuff, list price $525 from store, your price with only 50 rounds thru it $625

X1000 Most of what I see is overpriced, as much or more than you can buy new for! Here's a good like new only a few bumps from the safe nothing serious though. I don't bump my guns in the safe!

Shooting50

Lowball or no lowball I think sellers should be COURTEOUS enough to answer all PM's and or offers' What you may think is a lowball offer may not be intended as a such. As someone else said the item is only worth what you can get for of it. After all an Offer is only an Offer if your skin is so thin, that lowball offers upset you, then perhaps you shouldn't be posting on Swap Buy and Sells.

Shooting50

Back
Top Bottom