She followed me home from the Gun show. Need help on target sights for her. S&W 1911E

What is the best target sights for her?

So now you have narrowed that down a bit......

What type of shooting is this gun for? Carry, range paper work etc.

If you are over 40 fiber optic sights are really nice during the day or range work. The combo fiber/tritium sights are really too easy to pick up in low or no light. The Novak style sights on the gun are pretty good and hold up fairly well when abused and replacement sights that fit your mill slots are often common. A Bo-Mar style target rear adjustable sight is really nice for target shooting but your slide will need to be milled to slot it and recess it.

Dawson makes great sights. Novak does a Novak style rear fiber optic or white dot adjustable sight but it requires milling the slide as well. There are many options with pro and con issues.

I bought her to shoot at paper targets. Close to 60 yrs young. I have a small pistol range in my back yard and love to target shoot. What I really want is a small pin top sight on the front like Williams rifle sights on my browning bar. and a V notch sight on the back. If I knew they would fit I would love to put the set off my BAR on her. How much do the Dawson sights cost? I would like to stay in the $1-150 range.

Back
Top Bottom