• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shield Plus Mag Springs Failing?

shootsacanon

Default rank <3500 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
127   0
Reaction score
I have about 250 rds through my Shield Plus without any issues.

I've been carrying 13+1 with the extended mags for the last two months or so, and today emptied that mag for some dry fire practice. To my surprise, with slow to moderately aggressive cycling of the slide, the slide is not locking back on the empty mag. Only cycling with a slam at the end (approximately similar to live fire) will the slide lock back. The 10 round mag is locking back on empty as would be expected, but I've only had it loaded to capacity for 2-3 weeks.

Anyone else experienced this with the new Plus mags loaded to capacity for an extended amount of time?

I have about 250 rds through my Shield Plus without any issues.

I've been carrying 13+1 with the extended mags for the last two months or so, and today emptied that mag for some dry fire practice. To my surprise, with slow to moderately aggressive cycling of the slide, the slide is not locking back on the empty mag. Only cycling with a slam at the end (approximately similar to live fire) will the slide lock back. The 10 round mag is locking back on empty as would be expected, but I've only had it loaded to capacity for 2-3 weeks.

Anyone else experienced this with the new Plus mags loaded to capacity for an extended amount of time?

Does it fail to lock back after firing the last round as well or just during hand cycling?

cmshoot cmshoot this for the S&W shield plus handgun not the Shield 15rd mags for Glocks. I've no issues with those. No experience with the S&W Shield plus. Sorry for the drift. I'd ask S&W about it and see if they are having issues with the springs overall. S&W is support is usually good.

cmshoot cmshoot this for the S&W shield plus handgun not the Shield 15rd mags for Glocks. I've no issues with those. No experience with the S&W Shield plus. Sorry for the drift. I'd ask S&W about it and see if they are having issues with the springs overall. S&W is support is usually good.

I saw “Shield”, skimmed it quick, and passed it on! My bad.

Back
Top Bottom