• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shipping Firearms

Moe

Default rank <400 posts
Survivalist
9   0
Reaction score
Really stupid question, probably, but what methods, in Georgia, are the most common for shipping? What should I NOT do, or what should I look out for? Thanks!

If you are shipping a long gun to a GA resident, you can use the post office. If you are shipping a handgun, you HAVE to utilize UPS or FedEx, and it HAS to go to an FFL.

Yeah, thats pretty much what I thought....anything I should look out for when doing it? Ant precautions that are common to experienced ODT'ers that a newbie might not have though tof?

Just make sure that there are NO firearms names on the outside of the packaging. Anytime you need a questions answered, just give me a shout.

If you have a friendly dealer (FFL) near you, many times you can have them ship it for you cheaper than UPS/Fedex - they can use the US Postal service and flat rate boxes...

If you are shipping a long gun to a GA resident, you can use the post office. If you are shipping a handgun, you HAVE to utilize UPS or FedEx, and it HAS to go to an FFL.

This is false. IN STATE a handgun must go through a common carrier that is not USPS but can be shipped to the resident of that state.

Planning on shipping one tomorrow....plan on tearing it down to major component level to do so...is this recommended? Should I make two packages out of it? Send the bolt seperately? Wait to send the bolt until my "trade" arrives?

Back
Top Bottom