• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shipping out of state

BIKER13

Hen of Fame Lifetime Supporter
Indians wont bother you now cuz you are touched
1345   0
Reaction score
Any you guys done any shipping to FFL business? Guy in Texas wants a rifle I have and will pay up front with a USPS mo,then I ship to his FFl.Sounds ok but its his first post.Whatcha think?

Rifle can be shipped out of state to ffl via UPS ground for around 15 bucks. I have shipped several preban ARs to new York over the years. It's a piece of cake.

I have sold several rifles on GB over the past few years and have mailed all of them through the USPS. If the person sends you a money order and you cash it without any problems then the funds have cleared. One thing that I do mention is that I will only accept a money order from the US Postal Service. That way you can cash it at the post office while you are mailing the rifle. I usually prepare the mailing label and pay the postage on the USPS web site because the postage is a little cheaper and the delivery confirmation is FREE. The USPS web site only allows priority and/or express mail, though - no first class, but once your package reaches 13 ounces (I think), it is Priority anyway!

Be sure that the fellow on the other end sends you a copy of the FFL with the money order so you can verify that it IS going to an FFL holder!!

Last edited:
Have done several transactions this way. Never had a problem. I just drop off at My FFL dealer and he Boxes, Insures and Ships it for about $25.00.

I always enclose a copy of my Drivers License and a copy of my C&R FFL. If I didn't have a C&R, I would just use my DL, I know they have to put the information of where they received it in their bound book and your DL will have the basic information. You really don't have to go to your FFL dealer to have him/her mail it unless the other FFL insists on it. I don't know why some of them will not accept guns from non-FFL holders. When they take a trade, there is a 99.9% chance the trader does not have an FFL.

Back
Top Bottom