• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shooting my guns

I'm seriously considering buying some land deep in the country | mountains. About how many acres so you think I would need as a buffer between me and my neighbors? 5 Arces?

5 acres isn't near for safe shooting in my opinion. Not unless the surrounding properties are uninhabited and you have a good backstop (hill, etc). If you can 5 acres that is surrounded by 100 acres of unused land that may work. If there are homes outside that 5 acres no way.
I would say 25 acres minimum (with good backstops) if the surrounding properties are occupied.

I have 7 acres in North GA. I will shoot pistol on it but I do not feel comfortable shooting rifle. I would say 25 to 50 acres minimum if you plan to have a rifle range with any distance.

25 - 50 acres. Damn really? That has got to be conservative.

I'm definitely looking for a piece of property with a right typography, hopefully backing up uninhabited land and national forest, and where the county laws allow me to. I figured I could do that on 5 to 10 acres.

5-10 acres isn't much when shooting, especially if there are homes outside of that. 25-50+ is more realistic if you are really looking to make a range and shoot often. a square 5 acre lot is only 100 yards in length

I've driven and looked at a few properties, I see what yall mean with proximity to Neighbors and acre size. Excluding all other the factors, I might be able to put a pistol range on that much land, but if you factor that not every bullet will land in the right area down range plus noise factor, it doesn't make sense.

10 acres might make sense am I'm at the end of a road, with uninhabited land behind my property or National Forest.

Also I don't know the laws for discharging a firearm on your private property that's also part of a national forest?

Back
Top Bottom