• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Shopping list for a new shotshell reloader

Where would be a source for shot? I want to reload some #9 for skeet, I have the other components. I found some online but the shipping bumps the cost to about $80 for 25 pounds. I can't find any factory #9 at a decent price.
Tom Lowe off Camp Creek will have your #9

I'm new to loading shotshell as well. Something I just ran into myself, is I thought I was having light firing pin strikes and needed to replace the hammer spring on my Benelli clone. No failures to fire, they just looked light. Turns out I'm using wolf 209 primers, and they just happen to be particularly hard. Something to keep in mind.

I'd highly recommend lyman's manual on shotgun reloading and loads. Solid details on reloading and tons of loads..most folks tend to collect one brand/type of hull and go from there. I've been partial to AAs since i started in the 70s. Federal and Remongton are fine too. Reloading in general is tough right now for everything.

I know it is a long drive from Bremen, but Tom Lowe Shooting Range had Eagle Brand shot the last time I was there.

Although they are out of stock now, Recobs often has #9 with flat rate shipping for 2 bags.

I can attest to the fact Tom Lowe is out of #9's because I wiped him out when I bought them all a couple months back. He said he wasn't sure when or if he'd get any more. I've not been back since, but at that time he was out when I walked out the door.

He did have a decent stack of 7.5's but I suspect it would all have to be gone by now. It was going pretty fast but might be worth a call to find out.

I believe I may start looking into a shot dripper. I think I can scrounge up more scrap lead than I can find shot these days.

Learn how to load slugs, buckshot and mini-shells, that is where the savings are. For regular shotshells, just buy the bulkpacks when available.

I can attest to the fact Tom Lowe is out of #9's because I wiped him out when I bought them all a couple months back. He said he wasn't sure when or if he'd get any more. I've not been back since, but at that time he was out when I walked out the door.

He did have a decent stack of 7.5's but I suspect it would all have to be gone by now. It was going pretty fast but might be worth a call to find out.

I believe I may start looking into a shot dripper. I think I can scrounge up more scrap lead than I can find shot these days.
Must have had 50 bags of #9 today.

Back
Top Bottom