Shortening marlin 336

gth813x

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
174   1
Reaction score
It's actually a glenfield but whatever.

I want to shorten the barrel to 16.25", know the mag tube needs to be shortened as well, and the ring needs to be resized as well as the crown redone and the front sight installed.

Anyone know of a good way to do all this? Done it before? Or has the tools for me to do this? This could be an epic adventure and all I wanna know is who is coming with me

It's actually a glenfield but whatever.

I want to shorten the barrel to 16.25", know the mag tube needs to be shortened as well, and the ring needs to be resized as well as the crown redone and the front sight installed.

Anyone know of a good way to do all this? Done it before? Or has the tools for me to do this? This could be an epic adventure and all I wanna know is who is coming with me

I know exactly how to do this.

Take it to Nate at Ft. Daniel.

It can be more involved than you might think. My first try didn't go so well, barrel was cut and re-crowned easily, the front sight and mag tube stuff screwed me up. It should be easy enough if I had more patience then. I'm sure I could do it in a day or two now.

Ray at Moss Pawn or Bob Simms in Palmetto can also do it. Bob is pretty cheap on stuff like this, and he has been around a long time.

Back
Top Bottom