• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Shotgun Joe say's they are already citizens

maybe i could try that with canada,
just walk over there and start applying for jobs and govt benefits, i'm sure they accept me with open arms and give me full citizenship after i complain if someone discriminates against me

The word "citizen" has been thrown around so much it's nearly lost meaning.

I've said before we could fix a lot of this with a second minimum wage. You're not a citizen, fine- you get $2.00 per hour. The rest of your part of minimum wage goes to the state (NOT the federal gov't) to cover some of the illegal's expenses. I'm sure that could be improved upon, but maybe a start.

"The bill will not flood our cities with immigrants. It will not upset the ethnic mix of our society. It will not relax the standards of admission. It will not cause American workers to lose their jobs.In the final analysis, the ethnic pattern of immigration under the proposed measure is not expected to change as sharply as the critics seem to think."

-Ted Kennedy, 1965 Immigration and Nationality Act

"In order to convince the American people of the legislation's merits, its proponents assured that passage would not influence America's culture significantly. President Johnson called the bill "not a revolutionary bill. It does not affect the lives of millions",[4] while Secretary of StateDean Rusk estimated only a few thousand Indian immigrants over the next five years, and other politicians, including Senator Ted Kennedy, hastened to reassure the populace that the demographic mix would not be affected; these assertions would later prove grossly inaccurate.[5]"

I see a trend, I think we all know what "reform" means here.

Back
Top Bottom