• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Show off your deer rack !

dang 202 lbs ! I'd bet that was hard to load in the truck! Nice one!

I'm a big guy. I had to drag him about 200 yards out of a creek bottom by myself. I had to pull him under one old fence and throw him over another. I had to drag him through some brush and even over fallen trees. By the time I got him to my truck parked in the edge of the pasture the adreneline had worn off. I was so exhausted, I knelt down and actually threw up. I left him there and drove home and called a buddy (no cell phone back then) to come help me put him in back of my 4x4 truck which I wasn't about to do by myself. He was the largest deer that weighed in at The Sports Shop in Louisville in 1992.

dang 202 lbs ! I'd bet that was hard to load in the truck! Nice one!

I'm a big guy. I had to drag him about 200 yards out of a creek bottom by myself. I had to pull him under one old fence and throw him over another. I had to drag him through some brush and even over fallen trees. By the time I got him to my truck parked in the edge of the pasture the adreneline had worn off. I was so exhausted, I knelt down and actually threw up. I left him there and drove home and called a buddy (no cell phone back then) to come help me put him in back of my 4x4 truck which I wasn't about to do by myself. He was the largest deer that weighed in at The Sports Shop in Louisville in 1992.
dont blame ya at all. I'd passed out dragging him. Lol wife would have called the law thinking I was lost!

Where the hell in Dekalb county can you hunt?

There's a few places, it's right in the hood and extremely hard to hunt. It's loud almost 24/7 and the deer spook easy. As you can see if you can grt over the noise and not spook the deer the rewards are pretty good.

I'm embarrassed to show a pic of my latest deer. When I came out of the woods with it my wife asked me if i got the retarded one in the herd. It was an 8 pointer but very non cemetrical and the rack was all a little bigger than a softball.

065.jpg062.jpg

He ain't the biggest I ever killed but should taste good. Live weight of about 130 lbs, maybe a touch more.

Back
Top Bottom