• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Show your" PLUM "

EZBS35

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
195   0
Reaction score
1961 Ruger Blackhawk .357 ( BKH34 ) 4 5/8"

Attachments

• RugerBlackhawk357001-1.jpg
    RugerBlackhawk357001-1.jpg
    125.3 KB · Views: 103
  • RugerBlackhawk357002-1.jpg
    RugerBlackhawk357002-1.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 84
Last edited:
Does "PLUM" stand for something in particular or just a word for real sweet six shooter?! LOL!
Here's my Old Model Ruger Vaquero .45 Long Colt with Sambar stag grips. Sweet Blackhawk by the way.
i53.tinypic.com_euio3o.jpg

It's a term used when the copper in the metal rises to the surface & turns the metal purple . ( or so I was told ) I have seen some that were almost red .

Think plum refers to the color a Ruger can turn after years of use. It's pretty evident in the first pic. Nice guns!!

Now I see it, I thought my eyes were playing tricks on me. But it still looks like new other than the plum look. Obviously it's been well taken care of.

It was in a collection & is unfired w/box & all . I just wish I had gotten my hands on it before someone took the original grips off it .I found these grips that are correct for it's age , but this one left the factory with the black plastic cheese grader style & they are quite pricey to replace . $150.00 for a pair in good shape . Hope I will find some at the show in Macon at the end of this month.

Back
Top Bottom