SHTF!

Go to True Prep
tru prep is great. but you dont have to gucci prep. they do have a lot of great items,but it can get expensive quick. cheap food and a lot of it as soon as you can. then add the good stuff a little along.
also,it can be fun and a learning experience.do a prep day for a few meals. we do this a few times a year, do a mre dinner or a prep dinner. just make a meal out of your stash,everyone prepares their own...

tru prep is great. but you dont have to gucci prep. they do have a lot of great items,but it can get expensive quick. cheap food and a lot of it as soon as you can. then add the good stuff a little along.
also,it can be fun and a learning experience.do a prep day for a few meals. we do this a few times a year, do a mre dinner or a prep dinner. just make a meal out of your stash,everyone prepares their own...
Yep, we have spent some 15 yrs collecting, prepping, gaining knowledge, etc, etc.,
Someone comes along and wants the ABC’s on prep...its just easier to say that. If they want to ‘neighbor up’ and become part of the community - im happy to share :)

A lot of what you mentioned can be had at Dollar Tree. Peanut butter, trail mix,mixed nuts etc. They have canned food but its a dollar a can and not a good deal. But they also carry Panasonic batteries which are better than cheap store brands and not as expensive as Duracell or Energizer. The OP should score some reusable hippie shopping bags and hit the local Aldi. Thatz where you go for canned food. Good deals on canned vegetables, soups and meats,beef stew etc. You can do like my wife and just take the whole cardboard flat which is usually a dozen cans I think.
Oh and back to batteries. Tractor Supply has deals on their brand and theyre decent batteries. The also have very good LED flashlights in their Job Smart brand starting around $15.00.
I guess the main point here is that you aint gonna get everything you need at any one store. And if you do you will pay too much for it.
Oh yeah and powdered milk...Nido is the name of what we get.Its in a baby formula sized can and its on the baking aisle at Walmart or Kroger. Sometimes its in the Hispanic food section.
yea
i hate them but i hit up walmart for the chefboyardee stuff. you can get a flat for around 12 bucks. ass well as the ramen...

That's what I was pointing out in my last comment. Nothing against prep stores but if you tried to get everything you think you would need from there you would need a loan in a hurry .

yea
i hate them but i hit up walmart for the chefboyardee stuff. you can get a flat for around 12 bucks. ass well as the ramen...
Ramen is fine for younger folks and in a real emergency but its also high blood pressure in a bag. And if you already have it like me you try to avoid it.

Places like TruePrep are great for a few things but mainly for ideas. Its a wish list store.
Folks with little to no experience should go. It shows partly whats out, some ideas, ect.

Ramen is fine for younger folks and in a real emergency but its also high blood pressure in a bag. And if you already have it like me you try to avoid it.

i have been experimenting with ramen, noodles only, cooked with a can of chicken noodle soup. lots less salt, good carbs kick and flavor. i throw the "flavor salt licks" in a container for the real shtf days or trading

Back
Top Bottom