Sig p220 Whats it worth

blgreggjr

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
Banned Permanently
34   2
Reaction score
I have had a few sigs, and most said frame made in west germany. WELL, I picked up a p220 today and on the slide it says made in germany. serial starts with G also. Is this a valuable one? I have also noticed that the trigger pull when i attached my meter was 3.7lbs on the SA? Kinda odd all around with this pistol. Anyway any Input would be appreciated:pop2:

I don't think it would be any more valuable then any other older Sig 220. If in really great condition I might say $600 just spit balling, but then I'm not Sig expert. If it high round count I would have it checked, rumor from what I've been hearing it that the older Sig 220s don't hold up as well as the newer ones do, the older ones have about a 20K lifespan before the frame is shot out the newer ones last longer. That said, most will never put that many round through their guns so you are likely safe. Though on an odd note it is suppose to be reversed with the Sig 226s, might have something to do with the frame design with the rail. Anyway, hope that helps.

Inspecting the frame rails there isnt even any finish worn off any part of the rails. I would say it would have to be low

Inspecting the frame rails there isnt even any finish worn off any part of the rails. I would say it would have to be low

Low or not shot at all, like I said, a lot of people don't run their guns hard. I've probably got more round though one of my pistols then some people have through everyone of their guns combined. My shotguns? A hell of a lot more then that. That is one issue with alloy frames, they are lighter but don't last as long when compared to steel or proper polymer.

Well I have several like 50 beretta 9mm's in my arms room from the early 90's I guarantee they have had more than 20k through them

Well I have several like 50 beretta 9mm's in my arms room from the early 90's I guarantee they have had more than 20k through them

Not sure how the Berretas really hold up as far as long life, was referring more to the Browning alloy framed High Powers, Sigs, and Colt/1911 commander type guns. Not a lot of experience with the berettas. Though I imagine if you ran a steady diet of defensive/+P loads through them they wouldn't hold up as well. I know the HRT was wearing High Powers out around the 15K mark when they had them before they switched to 1911s. Standard ball ammo I don't think really adverse affects as much as higher pressure/+P loads do.

I've actually heard, internet scuttlbutt of course, that the newer SIG P220s are wearing out faster than the German or West German ones. Something about softer metal on some internal parts.

Check out some of the info on the SIG forums...just Google it, I guess. There is some discussions about older SIGs versus the newer ones.

Back
Top Bottom