• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

sig p250 issues

jstephens99

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
5   0
Reaction score
ok so i posted on here a little while back and ask for some advice on the p250, my wife was sold on that pistol and there was no changing her mind. well we shot it yesterday and oh dear lord i wanted to throw it in the creek! shot three different brands of ammo and every shell ejects straight back at the shooter. the shells all had VERY light marks from where the extractor grabbed them. the trigger reset was, well almost non existent. super long trigger pull and it had to be released almost completely to hit reset. i was really hoping to be able to give this pistol a better review but it sucks!

now what I'm wondering is, do i try and sell/trade it or possibly replace the extractor and keep it in the safe to be shot from time to time?

I say send it to SIG with a written complaint. You may even want to call their customer service department first to see if they can help you. I bet they will be happy to check it out and fix it if necessary at no cost.

I've never shot a P250 but being a former gun shop employee I have handled a few. The almost nonexistent trigger reset you refer to is due to it being a double action only (DAO) pistol. I'm not a fan of DAO either but I will admit the ones I handled had a very smooth, sweet pull while more expensive Sigs, the P226 for example, have a not so smooth pull :confused:

As far as the ejection issue goes, I would at least call their customer service first and see what they say.

However if the trigger bothers you that bad I would say just go ahead and trade for something else.

My p250 had the same issues. I loved it other that the facial of hot brass... I personally traded mine off because of that.

Call Sig and ask them. It is usually an extractor change/modification. It happens and it can be fixed.

As far as the trigger, I'm not sure I would dump money into it. I'd keep it as a hide away gun or sell/trade it for a nicer model of Sig or another brand.

NO Pistol should hit the Shooter in the Face with ejected brass more than VERY Occasionally--I would DEFINITELY call SIG Customer Service about that...

As far as the lack of a more-defined "Reset Point" in the Trigger Return, that is indeed the nature of the DAO--Double Action Only-- Mechanism--Not much can be done about it, nor does it "Need" anything done about it--If you doubt this, just look at ANY of Jerry Miculek's Revolver Vids on YouTube--DAO Triggers ARE very manageable with some training & practice--HTH--mikey357

Back
Top Bottom